Bus accidents are one of the most common issues that pedestrians and others face on America’s streets. Property damage and severe injuries are life-altering for most bus accident victims. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident in Utah, call the attorneys at LeBaron & Jensen today to discuss your case. It’s our job to deal with the legal aspect of handling your accident case so you can focus on healing.
Why You Need a Bus Accident Attorney
Bus accident cases are complex to litigate and often deal with several layers of individuals and businesses. Our experienced legal team will be able to identify which party is at fault for the claim, and where insurance companies need to pay. Here are some of the parties involved in bus accident claims:
- The bus driver
- The bus management company
- Manufacturers of the bus and equipment inside
- Negligent drivers involved in the accident
- If it is a public bus company, there are different government entities ties to the claims
What to Do After a Bus Accident
If you have been injured in a bus accident, the best thing you can do is seek medical treatment. If you do not have life-threating or substantial injuries, it is still wise to meet with a physician to discuss your health as many people suffer from anxiety following a serious accident. If possible, try to obtain as much information as you can from the crash scene. Obtain eyewitness contact information, take pictures, collect information from all other parties involved in the crash, and never admit to any fault.
What Causes a Bus Accident
There are several factors that could lead to a bus accident. Since buses are quite large and powerful, damages and injuries related to the crash are normally substantial. LeBaron & Jensen will investigate your accident to determine the following:
- Was anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Was anyone driving recklessly or had intentional recklessness?
- Did weather play a factor in the crash?
- Did the bus have defective equipment?
- Was the bus properly maintained?
- Were the roadways hazardous?
When dealing with any type of bus accident in Utah, contact LeBaron & Jensen today to move forward with your claim and start putting your life back together.